Little Bird Tales (owned and operated by Little Wings) recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others (collectively or individually "Member" or "you") who use www.littlebirdtales.com or other web sites, services operated or produced, owned or operated by Little Bird Tales (the "Little Bird Tales Platform") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Little Bird Tales Platform. Little Bird Tales provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the Little Bird Tales Platform.
By using the Little Bird Tales Platform, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
This Privacy Notice is given in conjunction with the Little Bird Tales Membership Agreement. Your use of the Little Bird Tales Platform and any personal information you provide on the Little Bird Tales Platform remains subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and our Membership Agreement.
Please note that any Digital and Printed content ("Content") that may consist of information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, voice recordings or other materials posted or published or recorded at the direction of members onto the Little Bird Tales Platform becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
We are committed to providing a fun, entertaining, and safe website for people of all ages. We are dedicated to safeguarding any personal information collected on the Little Bird Tales Platform.
User Provided Information:You provide certain personally identifiable information ("PII") during the initial registration process such as a valid email address and password. When a Little Bird Tales Platform registrant becomes a paying member, we only collect additional personally identifiable information from the registrant's parent needed to make a payment. None of the payment information is stored in our database. The Little Bird Tales Platform does not condition a child's participation in an online activity on the child providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary for that activity.
We may also request a user name and email address when a user submits a form through the "Contact Us" portion of the Little Bird Tales Platform so that we may respond to the inquiry.
Additionally, when visitors come to our site, we may passively collect certain non-personally identifiable computer information, such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), the user's IP Address, the web browser being used, and information regarding the Internet service provider. We may link this information to PII that we have collected. If we do so, we will treat such linked information as PII.
Finally, we NEVER collect financial information from our users. We do not use this financial information for any purpose other than processing payments to the Little Bird Tales Platform. The financial information that you enter to purchase a membership is not stored by the Little Bird Tales Platform, but, instead, is retained by our payments processing vendor (http://www.paypal.com or http://stripe.com) for the purpose of processing credit card payments made to the Little Bird Tales Platform.
Student accounts created by teachers are not required to contain any real information about a student. A student account's first and last name do not need to correlate to a real student's name.
Parents/guardians of students may request that the student data be deleted from our servers at any time.
Littlebirdtales.com only collects user data in order to perform our core function, to provide a learning platform. We only collect such data for educational purposes.
Littlebirdtales.com uses HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) which encrypts all data being sent from the user's computer to the littlebirdtales.com servers.
If personal information is not provided to us, then the Little Bird Tales Platform may not agree to Little Bird Tales Platform membership and may not be able to provide access to certain content and functionality on the Little Bird Tales Platform, or to provide other information, products or services which may be requested.
* Cookies Information: When you visit the Little Bird Tales Platform, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Little Bird Tales may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Little Bird Tales Platform. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Little Bird Tales Platform may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
* Log File Information: When you use the Little Bird Tales Platform, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* Usage Information: When you use the Little Bird Tales Platform, we may employ Web Beacons, which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Members anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). By turning off the browser's cookies, Members will prevent Web beacons from tracking the User's activity.
* If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Little Bird Tales Platform, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Little Bird Tales Platform.
* Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Members when you upload content or send messages through the Little Bird Tales Platform. Any content that you submit to the Little Bird Tales Platform may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
* We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Little Bird Tales Platform changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Little Bird Tales Platform and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
* We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
* We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Little Bird Tales Platform.
* We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
* Little Bird Tales also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that Little Bird Tales believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Membership Agreement, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Little Bird Tales Platform, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Little Bird Tales, our Members or others.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Little Bird Tales Platform, in which case Little Bird Tales may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Members to the Little Bird Tales Platform cannot be removed and remain subject to our Membership Agreement.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Please contact Little Bird Tales with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices using this contact format.
Little Bird Tales does NOT allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements within the Little Bird Tales Platform. Our intent is to keep the Little Bird Tales Platform free from direct advertising.
Little Bird Tales does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks.
Little Bird Tales does NOT allow links to web sites outside of the Little Bird Tales Platform. Doing so goes against our intention of creating a safe environment for your kids.
Little Bird Tales uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Little Bird Tales and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Little Bird Tales makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Little Bird Tales learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Little Bird Tales may post a notice on the Little Bird Tales Platform if a security breach occurs.
Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Little Bird Tales does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Little Bird Tales Platform from persons under 13 years of age. If Little Bird Tales learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Little Bird Tales Platform without verified parental consent, then Little Bird Tales will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
The Little Bird Tales Platform are intended for and directed to Members in the United States. If you are a User accessing the Little Bird Tales Platform from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, you have the option to discontinue use of the Little Bird Tales Platform and notify Little Bird Tales (email@example.com) to remove your personal information or consent to be governed under United States laws by your continued use of the Little Bird Tales Platform.
In the event that Little Bird Tales is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Members as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Little Bird Tales Platform constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
This Privacy Notice was last modified August 14, 2017.
Please contact Little Bird Tales (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice.